Ingredients For the croutons:
- 3 slices white crusty bread, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons GOOD Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the soup:
- 2 tbsp GOOD Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 10 oz fresh watercress, roughly chopped
- 1 3/4 pints hot vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup single cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Toss the bread with the GOOD Hemp Seed Oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in a hot oven for 10-15mins, turning them a few times during cooking.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan on a low heat. Add the onion cook for 5 minutes or until just softened. Add the watercress, stock and seasoning. Bring slowly to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly then process in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return the soup to a clean saucepan, add the cream and seasoning to taste and heat until hot. Spoon into bowls and garnish with croutons.