- 2 tbsp GOOD Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 14 oz can of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 1/4 pint well flavoured vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh green pesto to serve
Heat the GOOD Hemp Seed Oil in a large non-stick saucepan on a low heat and sauté the onion for about 5minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic, carrot, celery and continue to cook for a further 5 minuets. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover
and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Place half of the vegetable mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth, then return to the pan. Add the beans, and simmer for a further 10 mins or until the beans have been heated through. Spoon into bowl and garnish with a spoonful of fresh pesto
To make fresh pesto place 1 peeled clove of garlic, 2 tbsp of pine nuts, 1.75 oz freshly grated parmesan and 1 oz basil in a blender and process until mixed. While the machine is still running drizzle in enough GOOD Hemp Seed Oil to make a sauce to the thickness you require.